IntelliChart Auto Update for Sept. 8, 2010
An automatic forced upgrade will be deployed to IntelliChart (Pro) Desktop & MoneyTrek FX on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010.
This is both a safe and necessary upgrade. Windows Vista and 7 users who encounter troubles should refer to the "Potential Problems" section below.
What is different:
We are changing the name of MoneyTrek FX, we found it was confusing for clients to differentiate between the tool "MoneyTrek" within the software and the product itself, "MoneyTrek FX", the new name for MoneyTrek FX is IntelliChart Desktop Lite, or Desktop Lite for short.
For a listing of what new additions and changes we’ve made, after the new download is completed, login and go to the software’s main window, select "Help", then choose "What’s New", from there a webpage will open listing all of the changes and improvements.
Clients may see the following message:
"FXChart Application is running, Please Close all FXChart Applications First!"
Resolution for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:
Windows Vista spotlights many new security features. When initially installing the Charts on a Windows Vista computer an extra step is required (NOTE: These steps are on the download page already, and have been since Vista was released). If this step was missed, clients will see the above error message. To resolve this issue, please do the following:
1. Right-click on the Chart icon on your desktop.
2. Click on "Properties".
3. Select the "Compatibility" tab.
4. Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator" under the "Privilege Level" menu.
5. Click "OK"- Then you client can log into the Charts again and the update will complete without any error.
Resolution for all other Windows users:
Certain security software will not allow/corrupt the Auto Update Process, resulting in the error message seen above. For these non-Vista users, please follow these steps:
1. Reboot computer.
2. Once restarted, temporarily disable any security software (such as Norton, AVG, Zone Alarm, etc). Then log into the Charts again and the update will complete without any error. If you have any questions on this, please feel free to contact us.