How to post with Windows Live Writer
Windows Live Writer is a free program by Microsoft that makes blogging as easy as writing a document in Microsoft Word.
For those of you who want to post with Windows Live Writer on your Trading Metro blog, follow these steps:
- Login to Trading Metro and at the top of the Trading Metro bar, navigate to “My Blogs > THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG > Dashboard“.
This will take you to your blog’s dashboard where you will see a new bar directly underneath the Trading Metro bar.
Click on “Settings > Writing“.
- Under the heading “Remote Publishing” make sure that the “XML-RPC” tickbox is checked.
Click on “Save Changes“
- Now, go ahead and install Windows Live Writer.
- Once you have Windows Live Writer installed, open it and navigate to “Blogs > Add Blog account…”
- On the next screen, click on “Other blog service“. Hit “Next“.
Enter the URL of your Trading Metro blog in the “Web Address of your blog” field.
If you do not know your blog URL, an easy way to find this is by navigating to the top of your Trading Metro bar and selecting “My Blogs > THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG”. Click on this link and copy the URL from the address bar.
- Enter your username (or email address) and password in this screen as well and select “Remember my password”.
- Type in the name of your blog for “Blog Nickname” and hit “Finish”.
- Your blog is now setup in Windows Live Writer! You can now start writing your post.